Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up....

Well followers of my lovely blog, it is official. I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up!! I have been really struggling with this for a long time because I have so many different interests that it is hard to say, "Okay I am going to choose one interest and be happy with doing that until I retire." I couldn't do it. Not only could I not narrow it down but I am AWFUL at making decisions, even simple ones like what restaurant we are going to eat at if we go out. I just struggle internally with it. This was no different. I weighed my options before I went to college, then changed my mind and my major, halfway through my degree. Then, I changed it again but kept the same major. I have been challenged by 3 out of my 5 professors this semester to do my research, think deeply and if needed or if I do it, pray about it. So I have spent the past three weeks doing just that, praying, pondering, researching and researching and weighing my options. I have not received an answer to my prayers yet but have received comfort and an ease of making my plans and decisions, as well as total support from my husband, the girls and the rest of my family.

I am going to be a prosecutor, preferably in Ohio and maybe even Clermont County (because they are the highest paid and have some awesome people working in the county). This means that after Ryan finishes school, I will start applying for law school. I am wanting to go to Brigham Young University's Law School out in Provo, Utah which means we will be moving away from Ohio for three years. I will take my bar in Ohio so that I can practice law here. I researched various law schools and this one is not only in the top 50 for law schools in the United States but it is also the least expensive for me. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints allows me to go there (if accepted) for the cost of $40,000 (including books and such) versus about $80,000 (including books) at the University of Cincinnati or $90,000 (including books) at Ohio State University and I would still have to move the family if I went to OSU. I would say the financial aspect is a HUGE part of my decision. Yes, we would be moving to Utah for three years, I would save money from tuition and make my potential student debt lower. Which brings me to my second point that helped make my decision. While Ryan is in school, he is still planning on working and we will be able to use that money for our living expenses like we do now. I will also be getting a job once I graduate and will work while he is in school. We have been able to live very comfortably off of his salary with no issues on paying bills or lack of activities that we do as a family. The plan is to save the money from my job until/if Ryan needs to stop working during school and apply that towards our moving expenses, my tuition and any bills we might have while out there if Ryan or I can't find a job immediately (which we would hopefully have squared away before we made the move). We're wanting Ryan to be certified as a teacher in Utah so he can get a job out there pretty quickly. As for the house, we're thinking of renting it while we're gone so we have something to come back to when I'm done with school. I think we could VERY easily rent out our house in this area... We have a large house that would be rented for not even close to the regular price of a 5 bedroom- 3 bath house in the awesome school district with everything updated. Our last part of the plan is to have our first child before we move out there (we're thinking 2 years from now)... I've heard having a newborn baby during 1L is awful so our hope is to have a baby that is like 1-2 years old when we move and then during 2L we can try for another one and just have as many kids as we want but avoid giving birth during 1L like the plague LOL

We have everything all planned out and our hope is that everything goes according to plan when the time comes. It will be a big move for us and definitely a scary time but it will be well worth it in the end! It would open so many doors for us!! I would love to practice law and for us to get to a point where Ryan can stay home full time and work on his art and comic books, all day, everyday because that is where his heart is. Until then, we'll be moving along the way we're going and work hard to get to where we need to be!

Just keep us in your prayers throughout this time!

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment